Here at Lothian Learning, we specialise in helping small and large businesses alike by creating bespoke e-learning content either by developing existing material or by working together with the clients to create something new.
Benefits of transforming existing training into e-learning
There are several reasons as to why businesses should convert existing training into e-learning including:
- It is cost efficient. This is most likely the most important element that causes in-person learning to be converted to e-learning as you will be getting better value for money.
- You can grow your audience as many learners are unable or unwilling to attend in-person educational sessions.
- It is a more efficient and effective learning experience as learners can save time by completing the course at their own speed.
- It provides the learner with more control and flexibility as they don’t have to conform to set schedules and can study whenever is most convenient for them.
- E-learning provides access to the training provided in the course to refer to as needed and allows for instruction to be accessed at any time and from any location. It also gives learners an option by allowing them to choose the device on which they wish to learn.
- There is no in-person learning which means that the learner can accomplish the same learning goals in a significantly shorter amount of time.
What you should consider when converting existing training to e-learning
When transforming existing training into e-learning, you must go over the information and make it more interesting and dynamic for the users.
Before beginning the conversion process, be sure you understand what you’re getting into. Below are some ideas to help you and your team prepare for important choices and conversations.
Selecting content is the next step in converting in-person learning to e-Learning. You cannot simply upload an existing PowerPoint slide show to the internet. Before beginning the conversion process, it is important to determine what content should be added or deleted from existing courses. There are several techniques for organising e-learning content. The method you select is determined by your learners’ training requirements.
Determine areas where you can improve
Determine how you can improve learner engagement through e-learning. Are there any sections of the material that are likely to change due to legal, regulatory, or technological issues?
Take advantage of e-learning features
E-learning comes with a variety of amazing features that allow you to build interactive and more successful courses which is why you should take advantage of them:
- Make use of microlearning methods.
- Animate it to make it more interactive.
- Include social learning aspects in your training plan.
- Don’t forget that your goal is to modify your content rather than simply copy it across.
If you would like more information on transforming your existing training into e-learning, make sure to get in touch.